The last one year, I have been spending quite some time on the Go language. With training and consulting work, Go lang has kept be busy. My work has been predominantly creating microservices with Go lang.
There are plenty of articles on Go lang out there, but here’s a set of points I ejected from my Go notes I created last year.
- Language from Google
- Natively compiled to machine language
- The design is to restrict the language to have not more than 25 keywords
- Not object-oriented
- Docker, Kubernetes, Consul are built and based on Go
- Statically typed, garbage collected
- Open source
- Has pointers, but no pointer arithmetic like C
- Built-in concurrency model with Goroutines, channels
- Concurrency is managed by the Go runtime unlike other programming languages where the OS kernel takes care
Let’s start learning Go with some short videos from tomorrow. Here’s my Youtube channel that you can subscribe to.